M. Sc. trauma. Iztok Pilih, MD, spec. surgeon, member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Areas of activity
- Arthroscopy / surgery of the knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow
- Sports injuries
- Ultrasound of joints and muscles
- Ultrasound guided procedures
- General surgery
In 1988, M. Sc. Iztok Pilih completed his medical studies at the Medical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana. Immediately after his studies, he got a job at the Trauma Department of the General Hospital Celje, where in 1990 he began a specialisation in general surgery. He completed it with a specialist examination in 1994 at the Clinical Department of Traumatology of the University Clinical Center Ljubljana and received the title of specialist in general surgery.
In 1993 he additionally became a young researcher at the Institute of Clinical Neurophysiology of the University Clinical Center in Ljubljana, where in 1997 he successfully completed a master’s thesis in the field of traumatology and received the title of Master of Traumatology.
In the years from 1996 to 2000, he studied arthroscopic surgery and orthopedic sports surgery in Antwerp (Belgium) with prof. dr. Marc M. Martens and as a fellow of Arthroscopy magazine in several cities in the USA with many leading surgeons in this field. From 2001 to 2005, he was a member of the editorial board of the journal Arthroscopy, which is still the world’s leading journal in the field of arthroscopic surgery.
After completing his specialisation, he was regularly employed at the Trauma Department of the Celje General Hospital, where he had been the head of the arthroscopic team since 2000.
In 2001, he was employed as the leader of the arthroscopic team at the Traumatology Department of the General Hospital Maribor (University Clinical Center Maribor) and worked there until 2019.
In 2003, he founded Arthron, the Institute for Joint and Sports Injuries in Celje, which he has been managing since its establishment. In 2011, he opened ARTHRON, a Clinic for Joints, Spine and Injuries.
He specialises in arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle, in the treatment of injuries and defects of the joints and spine, as well as in the treatment of other injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
- AANA Advanced Arthroscopy Advanced Course, Rosemont, Illinois, USA
- AANA Elbow and Wrist Arthroscopy Course, Rosemont, Illinois, USA
- AANA Fall Course, Palm Desert, California
- Advanced course in shoulder atroscopy, Costa Mesa, California, USA
- San Diego course in shoulder arthroscopy, prothetics and fractures San Diego, California, USA
- James R. Andrews, dr. med., Birmingham, Alabama, ZDA
- Stephen S. Burkhart, dr. med., San Antonio, Teksas, ZDA
- M. Mike Malek, dr. med., Washington D.C., ZDA
- prof. Marc M. Martens, dr. med., Antverpen, Belgija, Evropa
- prof. Gary G. Poehling, dr. med., Winston-Salem, Severna Karolina, ZDA
- Thomas D. Rosenberg, dr. med., Salt Lake City, Utah, ZDA
- Stephen J. Snyder, dr. med., Van Nuys, Kalifornija, ZDA
- J. Richard Steadman, dr. med., Vail, Kolorado, ZDA
- prof. Russell F. Warren, dr. med., New York City, New York, ZDA
- Thomas T. Wickiewitz, dr. med., New York City, New York, ZDA
- Eugene M. Wolf, dr. med., San Francisco, Kalifornija, ZDA
- Freddie Fu, dr. med., Pittsburgh, ZDA
- Cristopher Harner, dr. med., Pittsburgh, ZDA
For the bibliography of M.Sc.Iztok Pilih click here. Enter Pilih Iztok in the first field and then specify the years and other criteria.
- 1988, Prešeren Award for research work at the University Institute of Clinical Neurophysiology of the Clinical Center in Ljubljana
- 1994-2001, surgeon at the Traumatology Department of the General and Teaching Hospital Celje
- 1996, Master of Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana
- 1997, Assistant Surgeon at the Medical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana
- 2001, surgeon at the Traumatology Department of the General and Teaching Hospital Maribor
- 2003, Medical Director of Arthron, Institute for Joint and Sports Injuries
- 2011, opening of the Arthron Clinic